Ohm's Law





Ohm's Law defines the relationships between (P) power, (E) voltage, (I) current, and (R) resistance. One ohm is the resistance value through which one volt will maintain a current of one ampere.

( I ) Current is what flows on a wire or conductor like water flowing down a river. Current flows from negative to positive on the surface of a conductor. Current is measured in (A) amperes or amps.

( E ) Voltage is the difference in electrical potential between two points in a circuit. It's the push or pressure behind current flow through a circuit, and is measured in (V) volts.

( R ) Resistance determines how much current will flow through a component. Resistors are used to control voltage and current levels. A very high resistance allows a small amount of current to flow. A very low resistance allows a large amount of current to flow. Resistance is measured in ohms.

( P ) Power is the amount of current times the voltage level at a given point measured in wattage or watts.





Voltage Resistance Amperage or Current Power E times I = P I squared times R = P E squared divided by R = P square root of (P times R) = E P divided by R = E I times R = E E divided by I = P E squared divided by P = R P divided by ( I squared ) = R square root of ( P divided by R ) = I P divided by E = I E divided by R = I Ohm's Law

0 Comments to "Ohm's Law"

Leave a Reply

 
Page generated by XML-Sitemaps.com - A Google sitemaps and html sitemaps generator | Copyright © 2005-2010